Join the lab! If you are a bright, hard-working and enthusiastic person who is passionate about the type of science we do, feel free to contact us regarding an opportunity to join the lab!
We plan to hire a new postdoc to join our lab in 2018. The following qualifications are expected:
- PhD in Neuroscience, Biopsychology, Pharmacology or a related field
- Background in rodent behavioral neuroscience research, animal models of addiction, Pavlovian and instrumental learning
- Experience with neuropharmacological and neurohistochemical approaches and tools (e.g. stereotaxic surgeries, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry)
- Understanding and appreciation of statistical analyses
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Good organizational skills
If interested, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of at least two potential recommenders to Dr. Shelly Flagel. Informal inquiries are also encouraged.
We are affiliated with the Neuroscience Graduate Program and the Program in Biomedical Sciences at the University of Michigan. To join our lab, you will have to do so through one of these programs. Application deadlines for these programs are usually around the first of December.
Informal inquiries regarding the possibility of rotating in our lab as a graduate student are encouraged and can be directed to Dr. Shelly Flagel.
We love having undergraduates in the lab and are always looking for bright, talented, responsible and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Previous lab experience is a bonus, but not required. We currently take undergraduates through the following programs/courses:
- Neuroscience Honors Program
- Psychology 326 (Faculty Directed Early Research)
- Psychology 331 (Laboratories in Brain, Behavior, and Cognitive Science)
- Psychology Honors Program
- Summer Research Opportunity Program
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
- Work-Study Program
Informal inquiries regarding the possibility of joining our lab are also encouraged and can be directed to Dr. Shelly Flagel.
Contact the Flagel Lab
For additional information, please email Dr. Shelly Flagel or call the Flagel Lab at 734-764-6647.