Flagel Lab News
- Dr. Flagel is the recipient of the 2020 Society of Biological Psychiatry A.E. Bennett Basic Research Award. Here is a video of the virtual award ceremony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVrRLjxlPI0.
- Dr. Flagel was interviewed for a recent article in Scientific American that features our work. The article is titled, “Scientists Spot Addiction-Associated Circuit in Rats”, and has been published online.
- Dr. Paolo Campus and others, recently plubished an Article in eLIFE entitled: "The paraventricular thalamus is a critical mediator of top-down control of cue-motivated behavior in rats".
- Sofia Lopez (Neuroscience Graduate Student) received an NIH Blueprint Diversity Specialized Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Advancement in Neuroscience (D-SPAN) Award is to support her as she completes her dissertation work in the Flagel Lab and then as a postdoctoral fellow. Sofia’s work focuses on the interaction between stress- and reward-systems in mediating individual differences in cue-motivated behaviors. Congrats to Sofia and all of the new DSPAN Scholars!
- Dr. Flagel was happy to work with Health in Our Hands (@heatlh_io_hands) and students from the University of Michigan School of Public Health (Erika Holiday, Ross Baiers and Madison Hafitz) on this video which will be embedded into a new addiction unit to expose young students to the work and careers of scientists.
- Amanda Iglesias was awarded a National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship to study subcortical hypthalamic circuitry involved in cue-reward learning. The NSF Fellowship will support her from 2019-2022!